Hide "name" (URL field) during page creation?

MarcC

I have a client who is a bit confused by "name" when she creates new pages. Is it better to hide it using CSS or just leave it there since she'll come across it later anyway? Just fishing for ideas from those with more experience. "Name" is in her original DB the name of the contact person for each item.

I'm thinking that the best bet might be educate here; since you see the name box only on the first of two screens when creating new page (I believe), it shouldn't be so hard.

Also, it should be possible to hack this via some module (specifically for this client) – one that hijacks HTML on it's way out (maybe before:Page::render) and if it's this screen, find HTML for the name and switch it for something like 'URL part'

I agree with Adam that I think it might be best to explain to them what a URL name is. A page's name in the URL is an important part of it, so it's not something you'd want them to ignore. But you will have an easy way to change it with the new LanguageSupport in 2.2. You can change just about anything. For instance, you could change the English translation of URL name to be something this particular user might prefer.