Import/Export utility for all pages

manddar

Hi,

Any one has import export utility for processwire, I want to get all the pages created on one site and want to import those to new site.

What I did was,

tried scripting data from older one and applied it to to new one but it is some how not allowing me to login to Admin, pages are just working fine.

any pointers ?

-Mandar

At present, you can't selectively take some pages from one site and import them to another without using the API to do so. Because PW pages can contain relational page references, external files, and parent/child structures, you can't reliably copy some bits of SQL from one established site and import it on another established site. (though I don't think you could really do with this with any modern CMS). But if you don't mind working with the API and taking it step by step, you can export from one and import to another relatively easily. Another option is that you can use the API to export pages to a CSV file from one site, and then use the CSV import module on another.

It sounds like you may have already figured out how to do this to some extent. If the only problem is that you can't login, then I'm guessing the user accounts were part of what you copied over. If that's the case, you'll want to make sure that the last line in your site/config.php (where it refers to 'userAuthSalt') is consistent between the two sites.

Also, for the future, the Profile Export module is worth looking at:

http://processwire.com/talk/index.php/topic,583.0.html