The Fishing Site at last!

Joss

And by fishing, I mean the sort with a line, hook and dinner attached to the end.

http://harlestonanglingclub.co.uk/

I haven't done any of the content this time - it is all the clients work directly onto the site, including any images.

It is mostly a pretty straightforward website with a few bits and pieces.

They can change the main header image as well as the large site background image.

They can manage the slideshow of course.

There is a link system with categories that automatically generates a list of places that also sell tickets.

Repeater fields are used for things like the ticket prices tables.

The fixture list is a bit of fun and thanks to various people here for helping with that a few months ago. It automatically sorts into Years, then months, then days.

Graphically, all I did was create their main header banner and a map on the contact page.

Since the "management" have a pretty dry way of writing, my main concern was to give the site a lot of air and openness to try and take away from that a little.

The site was built with Bootstrap 3 in about two days or so. It has taken nearly three months to get the content sorted out :)

I had one amusing issue. When I uploaded to their host (having persuaded them to upgrade from the Zeus server they were still on), I discovered that the page name for the admin I had chosen, happened to be one of a pile of aliases the hosts use for their control panel. 

So I could not login. Oops.

Thankfully, changing the page name in the database solved the problem.

• Like 6

Greetings Joss,

Glad to see this up!  I think you showed me the previous site a long time ago (back in our bad old Seblod days).

Everything looks great, and of course it loads up nice a fast.  Great balance of images with the open space -- kind of makes you feel the outdoors.

One small suggestion: increase the opacity of the "maincontainer" class from 0.8 to 0.9 for better readability.

Thanks for sharing,

Matthew

Ah, well as it happens, it was them that wanted it changed from 0.9 to 0.8 :)

I meant to mention that for their news, or "notices" as they call it, they decide manually what gets shown on the front page (only will show 4) and what gets featured in the carousel on the noticeboard.

The rest of the noticeboard page is all those articles that are NOT featured, though they may be on the front page.

This is just because they have some issues which don't seem to want to go away, so they want to keep those articles up the top all the time. It is not heavily managed, but just enough to give them a little bit of versatility without swamping them with option.

This is actually one of the more important points about something like ProcessWire - the ability to develop the settings the client needs without lumbering them with a huge amount of default options that they will never use and make their UI look messy.

• Like 1