Buggy admin after upgrade

Mats

Hello!

I just updated to latest dev version for www.kalmarlansmuseum.se. After doing so the back-end behaves really weird. The front-end is working properly. Links are not working (the url shows up in the address window but noting happens), pages renders empty, occasional  ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE messages. Updating pages sometimes makes the page render as expected and sometimes renders empty. 

I have deleted the old wire dir and uploaded the new one three times. No change. 

I've never run into this before (updated two other sites on the same hosting). I've cleared the cache and checked PHP/MySQL versions. I'm starting to run out of ideas. 

Any ideas appreciated.

Edit: After clearing and turning off ProCache the admin works again. Tried updating ProCache but the admin stops working when turning it back on.

/Mats

Edited by Mats

I'm not aware of any issues between ProCache and the latest version of dev (or any version of dev). I'm using that combination on three sites here, though on mostly default ProCache settings.

What are your ProCache settings, particularly under Behavior and Bypass?

When you upgraded your site, what version was it running before? Did you replace the entire /wire/ directory (removing/renaming the old, rather than replacing into the existing /wire/)?

Did you replace the /index.php and /.htaccess files with the new versions when doing the PW upgrade?

Are you running any PHP opcode cache like APC or eAccelerator? If so, you may need to clear them. To clear an APC cache, you can call a function from PHP:

apc_clear_cache(); 
  • Like 2

What are your ProCache settings, particularly under Behavior and Bypass?

Default setting is Reset cache for entire site. No custom rules. Bypass has the default settings (asterisk and wire_challange).

When you upgraded your site, what version was it running before? Did you replace the entire /wire/ directory (removing/renaming the old, rather than replacing into the existing /wire/)?

I was running 2.3. I did delete wire dir, .htacess and index.php before uploading the new files.

Did you replace the /index.php and /.htaccess files with the new versions when doing the PW upgrade?

Yes.

Are you running any PHP opcode cache like APC or eAccelerator? If so, you may need to clear them. To clear an APC cache, you can call a function from PHP: apc_clear_cache()

The hosting provider only mentioned memcache. Did try the apc_clear_cache() function, but i get undefined function.