Happy Happy Happy

webweaver

This is just one of those happy fan comments - there's no dedicated forum for those :)

I started using PW a few months ago and have since used it in about 10 projects. I was just in the middle of a project and said out loud, "Man I love this Process Wire!"

In my exuberation, I decided to just make a quick post to express my satisfaction. PROCESS WIRE rocks!!!

Thank you Ryan and all those that contribute (Apesia, Soma, Kongondo, and the rest)

• Like 12

I know how you feel :).

That's my story:

I havent a long time the courage to switch from Modx to PW because I had only some basics in php code.(feel that have not more currently ;) ) So I spend at first a little bit of my time to read this and that.The more I have read the more I was thrilled. It couldn't be true that's PW is so flexible and easy to handle? But it is! I decided to make 2 small projects and one bigger at the same time. Because there were no really deadlines. So I installed 5 different PW Profiles on my local machine and tried to understand. Read about better templating method here. I think I've read the same post more than 10 times. (Much more ;) ). I followed some posts that were interesting for me. But it was a really long way.Time stood still. I has been slow, with the learning I thought. I say again Im not a coder. And yesterday it makes in one minute during I drunk my beer after a long day in the office a BIG BANG. I spend not more than 2 hours to make the PW work for an Nightclub Page. I don't know why, but it was so clear for me how to make my templates, pages for events with different fields.

I knew which module input or field I need for every thing.

It was a really magic moment for me ;). Now it is clearly "ALL THE FUTURE PROJECTS WILL BE DONE WITH PW" I love this CMS/Framework.

I will also say thank you Ryan and all those that contribute (Apesia, Soma, Kongondo, and the rest)

PS: MadeMyDay because with his help and patience I learned a long time ago ModX and then I followed him to PW. :)

• Like 6