Current stable version, 2.2 or 2.3 and starting with dev branch?

Russell

I'm currently playing with local copies of PW, just getting used to everything. I downloaded from the from page button, which says stable 2.3

However, I just noticed that the version number in index.php is set at 2.2, although the admin panel reports 2.3.0. I assume the index.php just hasn't been updated correctly?

I also like the look of the updates in dev branch as well. My site will be in internal development for a month or two probably, so would it be better to just start with the dev version? Particularly if I want to do some custom database work, using PDO's would probably be better in the long run, wouldn't it?

Hi Russel,

The lasts months I'm using the devs and they are more stable then many other CMSses out there. I wanted those devs because: 01. for multi languages , 02. for the PDO and last but not least, 03. I'm curious.

Ryan is fine-tuning & changing the admin frequently last weeks. (love it) But if you're finishing a project now, a changing admin can be a little confusing for your customers.  That's not your case as you told us.

I think within 2 months the dev has become master.

• Like 1