How to insert scripts and stylesheets from your module?

hdesigns

1 hour ago, fruid said:

I guess it gets intialised 3 times here because I call upon the module 3 times with wire('modules')->get('asdf');

You guess correctly.

1 hour ago, fruid said:

The hook fires perfectly fine inside my site/ready.php file and everything works as intended, but not inside the ready() function inside my module it doesn't. 

The init() and ready() methods of a module can only correctly fire on "init" and "ready" if the module is either

1. an autoload module or
  2. you load your module early enough in the ProcessWire boot process.

If you load your module the very first time in a template file, then you are already in the Page::render() process, so you can't attach a hook to Page::render() since that has already been triggered! Does that make sense?

Your module's init() method is called at the moment when you load your module via $modules->get(). That means it looks as if it works properly, but it actually fires a lot later than the autoload ready() and init(). You can check that by adding bd('site/ready.php') in /site/ready.php and the same in /site/init.php; You should see output like this:

site/init.php
site/ready.php
--- Page::render() happens here ---
your module's init
your module's ready

If you change your module to an autoload module (as the docs that you have read suggest ? ) the output should look like this:

site/init.php
your module's init
site/ready.php
your module's ready
--- Page::render() happens here ---

That means the hook that you attach in your module's init() or ready() will be available when the Page::render() is triggered and the hook should fire properly.

if I add bd('site/ready.php'); to my ready.php file and
bd('site/init.php'); to my init.php file
It seems to load:
site/ready
module init
site/init

is the order legit?

I fire some of the module's methods on the _main.php and like I said, I use markup regions, I guess that makes all the difference(?)

And I need to load some of the module's methods when the page renders because these methods generate the markup…

So if I change the module to autoload => true, do the module's ready() and init() functions fire exactly after the site's ready.php and init.php files load accordingly? 

Anyways, autoloading it doesn't help.