Section Headers

doolak

Hello there,

i want to use the first page of a pagetree as a "section header" which isn't shown on the website and doesn't have any content or settings which should be edited by the client - so i want that it doesn't show the "Edit", "View", "New" and the "Move" links.

I use a special "section"-template for this purpose - so i can restrict access for this this group and don't allow editing and adding pages - but it's not possible that i deselect "View Pages". It would be nice to have all links hidden and use that page just as a "section header" in the pagetree (f.e. "global preferences" or "partners", when there is no "partner" page but partners has to be listed somewhere else).

Is there such a possibility somehow? If not, what do you think about hiding the "View" link from a group which has no access to edit a page (if i cannot edit a page i will hav no reason to view it from via a link from the backend)?

Kind regards,

Christian

If you don't want to have a view link and dont want to do it with access control another option is to just remove the template file used by that page (like section.php). If there is no file to produce output it won't provide a view link to it. Not sure if I answered exactly all that you were asking but will revisit in the morning.