Info Request Form

Svet

Svetlana, welcome to the forums and thanks for posting. While it's possible to use the FormBuilder module (see Modules forum) to build things like contact forms in your site, it's also not intended as a complete solution–more a starting point and proof of concept. Though if the needs for your form are relatively simple, it is a good solution as is.

Currently, when I build forms in my sites, I usually build them the same way as if ProcessWire wasn't there – using traditional markup (HTML), Javascript for client side validation, and PHP for server side validation. I like the flexibility of being able to build my forms this way. Basically, you can use whatever method you want to to build your form, and don't necessarily have to consider ProcessWire unless you want to.

A complete form builder is planned following ProcessWire 2.2, so we will be providing a lot more in this area down the road. This form builder will be much broader in scope than the current FormBuilder module.

• 8 months later...

Hi Ryan, first of all (since this is my last post) congratulations on the project and concept behind PW. I wish you luck and I will try to give my contribution to the community once I manage to understand fully how things work.

You said that the form builder was planned for 2.2 but after checking the Roadmap, I noticed the feature was moved to 2.3. Since I didn't see any progress info on 2.3, could you tell me if that release is going to meet it's projection date (this month)? Thanks in advance for your answer.

Thanks Yellowled, that sure gave me the information I was asking. Found that the form builder will probably not get into this next release, which will help me set adapt my strategy for this project I am working on. Thanks again.