I somehow messed up my PW installation

owzim

I moved to the current dev version of PW because of the new $page->render(); options

Everything worked fine.

I created a repeater field with a title and a body, and after save this happened:

Fatal error:  Exception: Could not execute User::__construct() (in /path-to-pw/wire/core/Pages.php line 323)

#0 /path-to-pw/wire/core/Pages.php(0): mysqli_result->fetch_object()
#1 /path-to-pw/wire/core/PagesType.php(109): Pages->getById(Array, Object(Template), 29)
#2 /path-to-pw/wire/core/Users.php(60): PagesType->get(40)
#3 /path-to-pw/wire/core/Session.php(82): Users->getGuestUser()
#4 /path-to-pw/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(138): Session->__construct()
#5 /path-to-pw/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(45): ProcessWire->load(Object(Config))
#6 /path-to-pw/index.php(184): ProcessWire->__construct(Object(Config))
#7 {main} in /path-to-pw/index.php on line 215

This error message was shown because site is in debug mode ($config->debug = true; in /site/config.php). Error has been logged.

since then I can't access neither the site nor the admin area, it always shows this error.

I tried to recover the db via TimeMachine

I copied over the needed files, then:

Fatal error:  Exception: Table 'dbname.modules' doesn't exist
SELECT id, class, flags, data FROM modules ORDER BY class (in /path-to-pw/wire/core/Database.php line 118)

#0 /path-to-pw/wire/core/Modules.php(167): Database->query('SELECT id, clas...')
#1 /path-to-pw/wire/core/Modules.php(85): Modules->load('/path-to...')
#2 /path-to-pw/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(99): Modules->__construct('/path-to...', '/path-to...')
#3 /path-to-pw/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(45): ProcessWire->load(Object(Config))
#4 /path-to-pw/index.php(184): ProcessWire->__construct(Object(Config))
#5 {main} in /path-to-pw/index.php on line 215

This error message was shown because site is in debug mode ($config->debug = true; in /site/config.php). Error has been logged.

I guess some schema was altered after the switch to the current dev branch?

I somehow need to recover the installation or ... =(

I was able to restore everything to a state with which I can work.

I restored from TimeMachine to MAMP/db/mysql (dbfolder being the name of the db):

dbfolder/

ibdata1

b_logfile0

b_logfile1

and switched to the lated dev-version of wire/

still don't know what caused the error.

Ok, here we go again. After I tried to do the same thing, same behaviour, with a seemingly broken DB as a result.

Here the exact steps:

• Created new repeater field
  • after first creation process added title and body field
  • set to global and autojoin
  • after save, error

[edit1]

I was able to narrow it down to the global option, which caused the error. Saving everything else but global was fine.

Perhaps installed modules interesting as well:

• Batcher
  • Custom Page List
  • jQuery Data Table Ajax
  • Page Delete
  • Pagination Markup (Core)
  • Repeater (Core)
  • Site Profile Exporter
  • Thumbnails
  • Wordpress like Shortcodes
  • Modules Mananger

[/edit1]

[edit2]

I was able to reproduce this error with a fresh PW installation

installed Modules

• Repeater (Core)

• Modules Mananger

It might be of interest that the field was named "sections"

[/edit2]

[edit3]

I was able to reproduce this error with a fresh PW installation with only repeater module installed and nothing else.

The field name "sections" was not relevant.

MySQL 5.5.9

PHP 5.3.6

[/edit3]

with the latest stable release of PW 2.3

As stated before, deleting cache and session files did not help.

Don't know which additional details I could serve.

I'm not sure why you want to make it autojoin and global, global ok but autojoin? I'm not sure what autojoin does on repeaters but I don't think it's really needed. But most likely this or global could cause problems with repeater...

However I just tried with one install and it works fine making it autojoin, but didn't wanted to go global... :)

In the other install (latest dev) where languages support module is installed and also LanguagePageNames, I first had to install repeater module... and then got this:

Notice: Undefined property: User::$language in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/pwmultilang/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupportPageNames.module on line443

Catchable fatal error: Argument 2 passed to LanguageSupportPageNames::getPagePath() must be an instance of Language, null given, called in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/pwmultilang/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupportPageNames.module on line 444 and defined in/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/pwmultilang/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupportPageNames.module on line 244

After a refresh it was gone.

But when I do create a repeater field and make it autojoin and global I got this:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/pwmultilang/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/FieldtypeTextLanguage.module on line 41

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/pwmultilang/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/FieldtypeTextLanguage.module on line 41

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/pwmultilang/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguagesPageFieldValue.php on line 114

Fatal error: Exception: Method Page::editable does not exist or is not callable in this context (in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/pwmultilang/wire/core/Wire.php line 232) #0 [internal function]: Wire->__call('editable', Array) #1 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/pwmultilang/wire/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeRepeater/FieldtypeRepeater.module(485): Page->editable('some_repeater') #2 [internal function]: FieldtypeRepeater->___wakeupValue(Object(Page), Object(Field), Array) #3 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/pwmultilang/wire/core/Wire.php(271): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/pwmultilang/wire/core/Wire.php(229): Wire->runHooks('wakeupValue', Array) #5 [internal function]: Wire->__call('wakeupValue', Array) #6 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/pwmultilang/wire/core/Page.php(443): FieldtypeRepeater->wakeupValue(Object(Page), Object(Field), Array) #7 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/pwmultilang/wire/core/Page.php(1352): Page->setFieldValue('some_repeater', Ar in/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/pwmultilang/index.php on line 214

And I can't do anything anymore, just get this error always.

Then I go delete the field and its table and in fieldgroups in the db and it's all back and working again.