AI ALt Text Generator

asbjorn

Do any of you have experience and/or solutions for auto generated alt text in ProcessWire? I use https://alttext.ai/ with a WordPress plugin for another site. But am not that experienced with API work to put together a working integration myself for ProcessWire using their API.

Have anyone solved this using the mentioned service or otherwise, and care to share thoughts on the theme?

With ChatGPTs API I've built a small module that renders a small button sitting next to image's description field that when clicked does image recognition of the image, and spits out a small text for alt purposes. The irony? The real value of this would be the actual automation which I haven't had time to do hahaha.

Also I have to mention it works fairly well, but would like to make it more "on brand" when doing the prompts, so I gotta work on an interface to kinda make this presets?? So that the final description is based on something related not just purely descriptive (in come cases). I haven't had time to do some trial/error. But for now it kinda works like the site you pasted! 

• Like 2

That sound like a good and also simple solution 🙂 . Could you do a post, and maybe a link to a GitHub repo (?) in the Modules/Plugins subforum when and if you are happy with the results in the future?

• 3 weeks later...