What's the best consolidated jquery resource today in 2024?

gornycreative

So it's a funny thing. I started using javascript a lot when I was still doing 'classic' ASP because it performed better than vbscript server-side, and then I shifted over into PHP around the time when Jquery was picking up speed, and then I got back into javascript when jquery was starting to get unpopular (at least here in the US it went through an extended grumble phase) and so I was doing a lot of vanilla js stuff and then with node, react/vue etc...

My jquery knowledge is not that great. I know enough to do repairs and some debug but now as I start to work more with client side stuff in PW I need to sharpen up.

Is there a faster track than the straight docs anyone would recommend?

Because I don't write JS often, hold my nose when I do, and since it's usually for little tweaks or UI adjustments, my knowledge of the syntax and weirdness of the language overall doesn't seem to stick (how do I add a class to a div again in vanilla JS?).  Google is not so great because oftentimes the information is outdated on Stack Overflow results and requires a lot of sifting. However ChatGPT is phenomenal with JavaScript (and jQuery) if you want develop AND learn at the same time.  Seriously a game changer for me.

Unfortunately it's not so great for AutoHotkey, or at least it seems to keep giving me v1 code as opposed to v2 despite telling it to give me v2, but that's OK because it still provides some guidance which I supplement with AHKs documentation.

• Like 1

I don't use a lot of JS in new stuff, it's the already existing stuff - especially old stuff I've done where I was sloppy and used things without necessarily understanding the ins and outs - a lot of that I have tried to transition into vanilla JS just because jquery was total overkill, but I still run into it often enough.

using gen ai is a good idea though. I bet it does a nice job of suggesting alternatives if I want to pop jquery out too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...