Purge All Image Variations including Repeater & Repeater Matrix Fields?

prestoav

As part of site development I somethings need to change crop sizes / settings in the codebase after the client has started to add content. This means I can end up with a lot if image variations having been created (and still being used) but with old settings. A good example might be an image variation that was created using a quality of 50 but now the code is set to 100. A new variation is not created under these situations, only if the variation size is changed.

So, is there a way to purge all variations leaving the original uploaded image so new variations can be created at page runtime?

I have tried the 'PageimageRemoveVariations' module (later v4 version) but that doesn't seem to remove images that are in repeater fields or RepeaterMatrix fields. I'm guessing a solution might have to work at a file level rather than field level?

Any help here would be appreciated!

8 hours ago, prestoav said:

I have tried the 'PageimageRemoveVariations' module (later v4 version) but that doesn't seem to remove images that are in repeater fields or RepeaterMatrix fields.

Maybe check again because I just tested PageimageRemoveVariations and it removed image variations from repeater pages. 

8 hours ago, prestoav said:

This means I can end up with a lot if image variations having been created (and still being used) but with old settings. A good example might be an image variation that was created using a quality of 50 but now the code is set to 100. A new variation is not created under these situations, only if the variation size is changed.

That's possibly a browser cache issue, because the variation filename doesn't change when the quality option changes. This problem is the motivation behind this module: https://processwire.com/modules/unique-image-variations/

• Like 2

On 11/28/2023 at 8:46 PM, Robin S said:

That's possibly a browser cache issue, because the variation filename doesn't change when the quality option changes. This problem is the motivation behind this module: https://processwire.com/modules/unique-image-variations/

Hi Robin, actually this solves the issue nicely going forward. Thank you.

• Like 1