command line script file API not performing same as on website

wes

Hi All,

I'm trying to access some files in a PW site by using a command line script. For some reason certain file properties (as defined in the cheatsheet) aren't available on images inside of a repeater field, or perform unexpectedly. Example below:

include("./root/index.php");

foreach($wire->pages->get("/my/page/path/")->the_repeater as $item){
	echo $item->my_image; // prints only the file name, no path (expected)
        echo $item->my_image->url; // prints directory the file is in; e.g. '/site/assets/files/3205/' (unexpected, b/c this would normally give full URL to file when using through my templates)
        echo $item->my_image->filename; // what I really want to use, but prints nothing, just a blank line
        echo $item->my_image->ext; // prints nothing, just a blank line
        echo $item->my_image->width; // prints nothing, just a blank line
}

Any ideas? Thanks!

Looks like outputFormatting symptom. Try using it as array and use $item->my_mage->first->url.

Hmm, doesn't print anything. I would think that 'first' wouldn't be accessible because $item->my_image should be a PW file object ($item being an item from the repeater field).

I'm not sure inside repeaters I think there's still some obscure things happening. 

Image field is always an array, it's just that page output formatting does change it so in template files you get an object if the image field is set to max 1 item.

So if output formatting is off it's always treated as an array, disregarding the field settings. I think in case of a bootstrap there's no output formatting on I think.

Since repeaters are pages attached to the page I think it may change something or not if you ad 

// short syntax of setOutputFormatting()
$item->of(true);

and this doesn't work? 

$item->my_mage->first()->url
  • Like 1

Image field is always an array, it's just that page output formatting does change it so in template files you get an object if the image field is set to max 1 item.

So if output formatting is off it's always treated as an array, disregarding the field settings. I think in case of a bootstrap there's no output formatting on I think.

That's good to know. Forgot about the fact that image fields can have multiple items, so by default it would make sense to be an array. Thanks!