[SOLVED] $pages->find('') is not returning all grandchildren

jploch

Hey folks,

it seem that after a certain level of nesting $pages->find('') is not returning all grandchildren. This seems to be a bug or maybe it is intentional?
Is there another way of getting all the pages no matter how deep they are nested with a selector?

• jploch changed the title to $pages->find('') is not returning all grandchildren

@monollonom Nice! If I call $myParentPage->parents()->rebuildAll() before $myParentPage->find('') This seems to fix the issue. Thanks!

The performance seems to be great so far with about a 70-100 pages. Before I was using a recursion function like this as a workaround that would call itself for a number of times. Will investigate further wich version is more performant. 

• Like 1

• jploch changed the title to [SOLVED] $pages->find('') is not returning all grandchildren

FYI you don’t need to call this function everytime. PW is supposed to do this on its own (fill the pages_parents table as you add/move pages), but there may be a bug or what I couldn’t pin down. I’d say whenever you see an issue like, just do a quick function call through TracyDebugger’s PHP console and you’re good to go.

@monollonom I will only use it in cases, where $pages->find('') is not working as expected. In my case it would not return any pages with a deeper nesting then 5 levels (tested on the latest PW master version 3.0.227). I never run into this issue before so there might be something else going on, or I never had a nested structure that was this deep. Will also test with a new install when I have some time.. If the issue persists, I might open an issue on Github.