[SOLVED] Using WireUpload to upload an image file to a page image field - Nothing Uploaded

prestoav

Hi all,

PW 3.0.210

PHP 7.4.21

I'm trying to use WireUpload for the first time to upload an image to an existing multi-image field on a existing page but no image is uploaded to the temp path or the page itself.

Here's my code which is based on suggestions from other posts:

// Set File Extensions
$fileExtensionsAllowed = ['jpeg','jpg', 'JPEG', 'JPG', 'png', 'PNG', 'gif', 'GIF'];

// Set upload path
$upload_path = $urls->assets . "cache/temp_image_uploads/";

$p->of(false);

// New wire upload
$img1 = new WireUpload('img1');
$img1->setMaxFiles(1);
$img1->setOverwrite(true);
$img1->setDestinationPath($upload_path);
$img1->setValidExtensions($fileExtensionsAllowed);

// execute upload and check for errors
$imgs = $img1->execute();

// Run a count($files) test to make sure there are actually files; if so, proceed; if not, generate getErrors()
if(!count($imgs)) {
    echo "Sorry, but you need to add a photo!";
    return false;
}

// Run photo upload
foreach($imgs as $filename) {
    $pathname = $upload_path . $filename;
    $p->product_images->add($pathname);
    unlink($pathname);
}
// Save page
$p->save();
$p->of(true);

$p is the page that the field is present on and $->product_images being the field the image is to be uploaded to. At this time the intention is to upload just one image file, even though the field will take multiple images.

The upload directory definitely exists and when I run a print_r($_FILES) after form submission (before the code above) a file with the name attribute 'img1' is present in the $_FILES array.

When this code runs the "Sorry, but you need to add a photo!" error is seen and a the $imgs variable is empty.

There is nothing in the PW logs or MAMP PHP error logs reported.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

• prestoav changed the title to Using WireUpload to upload an image file to a page image field - Nothing Uploaded
4 hours ago, BitPoet said:

It should be $config->paths->assets, not $urls->assets, since you're passing a storage path on the server as the destination path, not a web link.

Your code doesn't inspect $img1->getErrors(), even though the comment mentions it before checking $imgs.

Hi @BitPoet,

Many thanks for this. The $urls->assets issue was the problem here. I didn't understand the difference between this and the $config->paths one so that's something new I've learned.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• prestoav changed the title to [SOLVED] Using WireUpload to upload an image file to a page image field - Nothing Uploaded