Add templates with out files

stiletk

If I create a template without a file in Processwire, how can I use it on the website when I only have access to /dashboard? I don't have access to the theme files, and accessing /dashboard gives an error: 'Pages using this template are not viewable because the template file (partner_3.php) does not exist [no-file]

Hello, welcome.

A template file is required only if you want  to navigate to or view a page associated with this template on the frontend side.

So in your case, you need to create a file partner_3.ph(empty or not) in site/templates.

What you mean by « no access to theme files » ?

Hi,

like @flydev says, you need a template for the pages you want to display on the front side...
i just wanted to add two little things inspired by your template name "partner_3.php"

- if ever there are partner_1, partner_2 and so on pages, it may sound obvious but well... you can of course have a partner.php template and use it for all your partner pages...
it's not a page/a template but a kind of page needing which fields then no matter how many partner pages you are going to create they can of course use the same template

- coming to those no file templates they are very useful in many case, for exemple imagine a page aggregating children pages that are not going to be displayed by themselves (when the chilodren are going to be a bit heavy or numerous and would slow the admin in a repeater, thos children pages could use a template without php file
lots of other cases, one i like a lot a default fields template for a... default fields template 🙂 to centralize the default value for fields you're going to use on a lot of pages/templates (hero img for example)

have a nice day

• Like 1