New Server: ProcessLogin: This request was aborted because it appears to be forged.

rloeber_ankok

Hello,

I have looked through and tried all the suggested fixes (Files Permissions / Session Fingerprint / Etc) for this error on this forum but no luck. I have migrated a website from my server to a new (client) server. The site works fines but I am having issues gaining access to the Processwire Admin area. When I try to log in I get the following message "ProcessLogin: This request was aborted because it appears to be forged." with the following. Any help would be massively appreciated on solving this one.

ProcessWire: ProcessLogin: This request was aborted because it appears to be forged.
DEBUG MODE BACKTRACE ($config->debug == true):
#0 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldForm.module(186): ProcessWire\SessionCSRF->validate()
#1 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/Wire.php(417): ProcessWire\InputfieldForm->___processInput(Object(ProcessWire\WireInputData))
#2 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/WireHooks.php(951): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___processInput', Array)
#3 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\InputfieldForm), 'processInput', Array)
#4 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/modules/Process/ProcessLogin/ProcessLogin.module(364): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('processInput', Array)
#5 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/Wire.php(414): ProcessWire\ProcessLogin->___execute()
#6 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/WireHooks.php(951): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___execute', Array)
#7 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\ProcessLogin), 'execute', Array)
#8 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/ProcessController.php(337): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('execute', Array)
#9 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/Wire.php(414): ProcessWire\ProcessController->___execute()
#10 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/WireHooks.php(951): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___execute', Array)
#11 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\ProcessController), 'execute', Array)
#12 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/admin.php(160): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('execute', Array)
#13 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/site/templates/admin.php(18): require('/home/wwwbrady/...')
#14 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/TemplateFile.php(327): require('/home/wwwbrady/...')
#15 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/Wire.php(414): ProcessWire\TemplateFile->___render()
#16 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/WireHooks.php(951): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___render', Array)
#17 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\TemplateFile), 'render', Array)
#18 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/modules/PageRender.module(575): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('render', Array)
#19 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/Wire.php(417): ProcessWire\PageRender->___renderPage(Object(ProcessWire\HookEvent))
#20 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/WireHooks.php(951): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___renderPage', Array)
#21 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\PageRender), 'renderPage', Array)
#22 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/WireHooks.php(1059): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('renderPage', Array)
#23 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\Page), 'render', Array)
#24 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module(184): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('render', Array)
#25 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module(114): ProcessWire\ProcessPageView->renderPage(Object(ProcessWire\Page), Object(ProcessWire\PagesRequest))
#26 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/Wire.php(417): ProcessWire\ProcessPageView->___execute(true)
#27 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/WireHooks.php(951): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___execute', Array)
#28 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\ProcessPageView), 'execute', Array)
#29 /home/wwwbrady/hollandcassidy-ankok/hollandcassidy_processwire_13022023/index.php(55): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('execute', Array)
#30 {main}
The process returned no content.

Check for AdBlockers, VPNs (especially in Opera), internet security or firewall software (Norton, McAfee, ...). Some password managers sometimes interfere as well (Lastpass did that quite often in my setup) and maybe even DNS and CDN settings when using Cloudflare.

Best would be a clean browser without any extensions and password managers.
If Cloudflare is used as DNS and/or CDN disable caching for the ProcessWire backend/admin via page rules.
Disable software from Norton and such.

• Like 1

@wbmnfktr Thankyou for help. I have found a solution.

Fixed!

I found the php.ini file in the root of the site had session.save_handler set as memcached and session.save_path as a local server IP. Commented them out, and it reverted to using files.

Login and form submissions are now working.

[Session]
;;;session.save_handler = memcached
;;;session.save_path = 10.169.0.130
  • Like 2