ProcessPageRedirects

nbcommunication

We really like the ability to add redirects via the page editor, but it is annoying that this functionality is only available to superusers. We often have clients asking us to add a 'short url' redirect for a page (e.g. /jobs -> /about/work/jobs) when it really is something they should be able to do themselves.

To solve this problem, we've created ProcessPageRedirects. It does two things:

1. Creates a page (Pages > Redirects) which lists all the visible pages to that user and the number of redirects (among other things)
  2. Allows them to manage the redirects for pages they can edit

The redirects editor is the same one the superuser gets when editing the page.

I hope this is useful, let me know here if you come across any issues with it.

• Like 8

• 5 months later...

Note to anyone using potentially using this module:

A page-edit-redirects permission has been added to the core - https://github.com/processwire/processwire/commit/dafceffc6f5d2d10c395faa1586ef0993633e6de - and once this hits the master branch I intend to rework this module so that it provided a list of redirects in the system. As the permission can be added to any user role, management of those redirects will happen in the page editor instead of the 'cloned' redirects editor this module currently provides.

Cheers,

Chris

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Now that the page-edit-redirects permission is in the latest master, I've redeveloped this module to list redirects in the system. I've also added a list of redirects present in the htaccess file (that match one of the httpHosts), and a field for filtering the tables.

Cheers,

Chris

• Like 2