Best way to export and merge csv language translation files

Juergen

Hello at all,

I am struggeling about a fast method to get all language translation CSV files of fe a module and merge all these files into 1 CSV file.

I do not want fe 10 CSV translation files for a module. So I want to merge them all into one. All translation files for a site module are stored in site/assets/idoftheModule/... as json files. These translation files can be downloaded, but they are in json and not CSV format.

I know I can do it one by one in the backend, but this is not my goal.

Does anyone has done this before and could give me a hint, what ist the best and fastest way to

1) dowload all CSV files of a module at once and

2) merge them all into 1 CSV file.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hey @Juergen writing the docs for RockLanguage I did some research and found this old thread. I guess you were facing the challenge to ship your module with translations?

Anybody facing the same problem please have a look at RockLanguage! All you have to do is add language mappings (eg german=DE) and then add a folder /RockLanguage/DE to your module. RockLanguage will then copy all translation .json files from /site/assets/files/.../...json to your module.

And not only that. Once you translate a new string via the PW backend, RockLanguage will automatically copy the new json to your module's folder so you can just commit it to github 😎

• Like 1

Hello @bernhard

I have tested your module and it works very well!!

Unfortunately it does not exactly what I want, because it imports json files. What I need is to get all language files of a module as csv, not json. The reason for this is that the language files of a module should be shipped as csv files inside the languages folder, so they could be imported by the user.

So I am looking for an easy to use solution to get all all language files of a module as csv files. Then I use the command line interface to copy all these files into one. At the moment PW only supports the download of each csv file separately, which is very time-consuming.

It would be great if there would be a possibiltiy to select if the language files should be imported as json or csv. This is only an idea for a request - I know you are very busy and if you do not agree with me, it is ok.

Wish you nice weekend and thank you for all your work you have done till now for the community!

Best regards Jürgen