"Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user..." when trying to migrate from localhost to live server.

spercy16

I just finished developing the latest version of a website on my computer "localhost" but am getting this error message when I try and access the live site:

Error: Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'delorain_spiercy16'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (in wire/core/WireDatabasePDO.php line 445)

#0 wire/core/WireDatabasePDO.php (445): PDO->__construct('mysql:dbname=de...', 'delorain_spierc...', 'aT3509shCBbBeC', Array)
#1 wire/core/WireDatabasePDO.php (780): WireDatabasePDO->pdoWriter()
#2 wire/core/WireCache.php (277): WireDatabasePDO->prepare('SELECT name, da...', Array)
#3 wire/core/WireCache.php (151): WireCache->get('Modules.site/mo...', NULL)
#4 wire/core/ProcessWire.php (503): WireCache->preload(Array)
#5 wire/core/ProcessWire.php (304): ProcessWire->load(Object(Config))
#6 index.php (52): ProcessWire->__construct(Object(Config))
#7 {main} 

I simply coppied over all of my files/folders from my laptop to the server and exported/imported the MySql database from my system to the web host. Here is what is in my config.php file under the database configuration section:

$config->dbHost = 'localhost';
$config->dbName = 'delorain_pwdb';
$config->dbUser = 'delorain_spiercy16';
$config->dbPass = 'correct_password_is_here';
$config->dbPort = '3306';

I saw in another post that some hosts won't allow "localhost" but they didn't specify what should be there in it's place. I do have the user account delorain_spiercy16 added as a "privilaged user" with all of the rights enabled and double checked that the password is correct.

Any advice on how to correct this problem would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance for any replies.