Weekly update – March 27th, 2020

ryan

I hope everyone here is doing well, staying in, and staying healthy. Our town here is under a “stay at home” order, and it’s now the law that you can’t get within 6 feet of any other person when out walking. So haven’t left the house (other than for walks and bike rides) in about 2 weeks now. Though with the whole family home all the time, it admittedly feels a lot busier than before this Coronavirus stuff, I think because there’s now a lot more people to attend to during the day (especially kids). Not much silence compared to before. ? Not a bad thing, just very different. If we’ve got to spend a few months, or even a year this way, it’ll be alright, so long as the internet keeps working. I’m just thankful to have a job where I’m already used to working this way, as I know many of you do too. 

It seems that this whole situation is going to move a lot of activity online that previously wasn’t, so I anticipate it’s going to be potentially a very busy and important year for web development. Online communication and content delivery is going to be that much more important for the world, making reliability, scalability and security every bit as important. These are always our focus, but just want to emphasize this even more as we look forward. With a world in temporary disarray, you can count on ProcessWire to be an especially stable and reliable tool that gets even better every week, and our community always a friendly and helpful place. 

I’ve got several things in progress in the core, but nothing far enough along to write about just yet. I’ve also been putting a lot of work into ProCache this week, which is long due for a version update. The module still has quite a bit of PW 2.x architecture that I don’t think is needed anymore, so I’m refactoring and improving quite a bit, in addition to feature updates. Thanks for reading and I hope that you have a good and safe weekend!

• Like 36