How to copy template fields to a new template and keep it updated?

LAPS

In particular, I'm developing a new module that creates a copy of the user template and keeps that copy updated as regards the fields.

I think, the module needs these things:

• a ___install() method that creates a new custom template copying the fields (with contexts/settings) of the user template.
  • a hook method (maybe stated in ready()) that checks if the user template has been updated and if so updates the custom template accordingly so to have the same fields in both user and custom templates.

How can I make?

2 hours ago, LAPS said:

I'm developing a new module that creates a copy of the user template and keeps that copy updated as regards the fields.

Instead of doing this, try the following instead:

1. In /site/config.php set $config->advanced = true;

2. Create your user_copy template (whatever you want to call it)

3. On the "Basics" tab of Edit Template, select "user" for "Fieldgroup" and save.

4. Remove the line you added in step 1.

Now the user_copy template will always have the same fields as the user template.

• Like 1

When I manage to remove the 'pass', 'email', 'roles', and 'language' fields of the user_copy template and save then I get this error message:

Field 'pass'/'email'/'roles'/'language' may not be removed from fieldgroup '' because it is permanent (Field::flagPermanent). Save of fieldgroup changes aborted.

The only field I have been able to remove was the 'admin_theme'.

To remove the 'pass', 'email', 'roles', and 'language' fields from the user_copy template, I had to temporarily disable their "system" and "permanent" statuses for each field by unchecking the related options in the Advanced tab of Edit Field. After this, I was able to complete the step 3 successfully.

• Like 1