ProcessForgotPassword: No email sent

suntrop

I am using the Login/Register module and have enabled the forgot password feature and the ProcessForgotPassword module is installed as well.

When I enter an email to reset the password, no email is sent. I noticed there is a 'process_forgot_password' table in the DB … with no rows.

Other emails are working well, just the forgot email is not working.

I am currently looking at the module's code and realised the same. I configured the Login/Register module to use an email rather than a username to login.

It seems this function is not compatible to the forgot password module.

Is it possible to copy the module from wire/modules to site/modules and edit the module's code? I would add a reset by email before coding a new, own reset function,. 

It work, just test it.

/**
 * Process the form submitted from step1 with username or email
 * If it matches up to an account in the system, then send them an email.
 */

The only thing which could confuse the user, its the phrase, maybe its possible to hook into the ForgotPassword module to change that. Otherwise everything is fine.

• Like 1

At the moment I just hacked inside the module directly to change from user name to useremail. There is useremail input field (in PHP comments) what I am using. Works fine, email was sent. However, I need to move this module to my sites directory, so it won't be overwritten the next update. Perhaps I can code something and PR to Ryan to update the module

32 minutes ago, suntrop said:

However, I need to move this module to my sites directory, so it won't be overwritten the next update. Perhaps I can code something and PR to Ryan to update the module

I don't know which version you are using, but it already work out of the box... you do not need to hack something to get it working.

It already check if the post var from step 1 is an email, if not, it check against username.

https://github.com/processwire/processwire/blob/dev/wire/modules/Process/ProcessForgotPassword.module#L234

In ProcessForgotPassword 1.0.3, you can configure it :

email.png.2559bda78db760d315c17282297549f3.png

• Like 2