Repeater limit

Frank Vèssia

There a limit in how much elements can I store inside a repeater?

Right now I have a like system that store likes data (pageid and userid) in sub pages but could be nice to move this system inside a repeater field of the page template, I think to manage something like between 200-1500 records but I will never edit these records from the admin.

I think that's not where Repeaters are ment for:

Repeaters aren't infinitely scalable in quantity, so avoid repeaters for quantities of items that you think may need to be infinitely scalable. When you edit a repeater field in your page, you edit all items at once. As a result, you probably don't want to use a repeater if you expect hundreds of items, as that may slow your editing experience. It's better to use pages without repeaters when dealing with huge quantities of items.

by Ryan Cramer

@Sevarf2: Repeaters most likely aren't what you'd like to use here.

You might consider using either simple module + custom data table (Antti has a nice example of this in his Process Redirects module) or perhaps even custom field in user template (if this data is actually linked to ProcessWire users) populated with JSON -- it may sound like an odd choice but I've used it for certain simple needs and it's actually quite efficient and very simple to handle with json_encode + json_decode :)