Admin theme permission errors

Nelson

Hi there,

My first post here on the forums.

I'm having some trouble with the admin themes, the styles and scripts files stopped loading all of the sudden and are giving permission (code 403) errors.

Everything was doing fine before I tried to install a module. When refreshing the module page in the admin panel, a error message appeared, related to another module, I removed the bugged module but with no change (the error message disappeared tough).

I've double checked the permissions but I'm unable to find the cause of this problem.

If I remove the templates-admin from the site folder the default theme loads correctly

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Nelson

Which module did you try to install? Do the errors persist even after restoring the default admin theme? What admin theme did the errors occur in? I'm not sure I've got enough understanding of the problem to know what solution to offer, so the more you can post about it the better (screenshots of the error messages might even help). But since you mentioned an issue that started as the result of installing a module, you've got me curious about what module could do this. One thing you might try is to go to the Admin > Modules and click "Check for new modules" as that will reset the cached module information. If you can't access that screen, let me know and I can tell you how to do it manually too.

Hi ryan,

Here's the error message of the bugged module:

Parse Error syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE (line 55 of /opt/lampp/htdocs/cultideias_site/site/modules/TemplateTwig/TemplateTwig.module)
This error message was shown because you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged.

This error is due to a missing semicolon in the end of line 53 of the TemplateTwig.module.

The theme I was using at the time of the error is the Futura theme but the problem maintains with any theme I tried after. Even if I copy the default theme from the wire folder.

Here's a screenshot: http://img254.images...ermissionsp.png

Thank you,

Nelson

Edit: Well, I found out what was causing the problem.

Today I had been fiddling with the .htaccess file and changed this line

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)site-default/

to

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)site/

because, well I thought it was related to the site folder and it really was but I ended making a mess of it.

Apache rules still look like italian to me, I can read it but can't make sense of it.

Thank you for your help and sorry for the trouble.

• Like 1

Thanks for the follow-up, glad that you were able to find a fix for this. That rewrite rule you came across is just one to keep everything closed off in /site-default/, since that holds pre-installation files and generally doesn't exist after the site has been installed.