Unable to access Blog module backend

Rajiv

Hello,

i'm new to processwire, i'm using the latest version of processwire and installed the Blog Module....but i cant access the POSTS tab  in the Blog module backend...i get this error...please help me understand this...

Fatal error: Call to a member function count() on a non-object in /home/pleasefi/public_html/clients/cdcpool1/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/MarkupBlog/ProcessBlog.module on line 1355

Error: Call to a member function count() on a non-object (line 1355 of /home/pleasefi/public_html/clients/cdcpool1/site/modules/MarkupBlog/ProcessBlog.module) 

This error message was shown because: site is in debug mode. ($config->debug = true; => /site/config.php). Error has been logged.

I dont know.  To test an upgrade, just make a backup of your database, rename the directory Blog to .Blog (in site/modules path) and past the new Blog folder from the ZIP you downloaded from github, copy the content of modules/Blog/template-file folder in your templates folder,  then go to in backend > modules then click Refresh and see what happen.

Edit:

It dont work. The module have some dependencies not fixed, it do not copy the content of certain files, and some problems appear due to namespace. We must wait comment from BitPoet.

Edited by flydev
testing
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, flydev said:

It dont work. The module have some dependencies not fixed, it do not copy the content of certain files, and some problems appear due to namespace. We must wait comment from BitPoet.

@Rajiv: Please use the version you can download at https://github.com/BitPoet/Blog/archive/dev-3x-compat.zip

The link by @flydev accidentially linked to the original, unpatched branch of the fork.

7 hours ago, Rajiv said:

haven't got the chance to test this...got caught up with something else...but i should have an answer by tomorrow...

When you get around to it, make sure you use this approach:

On 11/17/2016 at 0:20 PM, flydev said:

I dont know.  To test an upgrade, just make a backup of your database, rename the directory Blog to .Blog (in site/modules path) and past the new Blog folder from the ZIP you downloaded from github, copy the content of modules/Blog/template-file folder in your templates folder,  then go to in backend > modules then click Refresh and see what happen.

Do NOT uninstall the module in the backend, or the blog module may consider itself not yet configured when you reinstall it, redirecting you to the install wizard instead of the dashboard (where the install wizard then errors out since the pages, fields and roles already exist).