ProcessWire Query Speed & Capacity

FatFreeWeb

I've built data intensive applications using MVC frameworks (like Symfony/Laravel). I have a new system requirement to build very flexible querying capability based on any number of fields. The ability to create this potentially complex selector dynamically is necessary so, ProcessWire is obviously a great fit for this particular use-case.

The system is effectively a very large (e-commerce style) stock/parts system. Data querying will need to be almost instantaneous. Anyone used ProcessWire where there are lots (millions) of records involved?

Given that each field is stored in its own table, multiple joins on select statements could potentially impair speed when using larger datasets.

The speed will most likely be far more dependent on the actual machine the thing (the db) is running on. As soon as the mysql query is constructed it's not in the hands of processwire (or any framework) to influence the speed of a query. But to say that I've no real stats about how fast the selector to mysql query conversion of processwire is. It's fast enough that nobody here seems to have issues with it.

• Like 1