New module help

Mike

Hi!

I´m working in a project with an external aplication, and I need create a module that load data from an external database. I've started creating a module called InputFieldData but I don´t know how do it.

I need some help.

Thanks!

Mike, I think we need more info. Is the external database to be accessed by a web service or directly through a DB connection? If DB connection, is it MySQL? What is the data? You mentioned creating an Inputfield module, which is something used for inputting data in the admin--is this what you need? Can you tell us more of the specifics of when you want to retrieve this data and what you want to do with it once retrieved?

Well, I need a module for create a list of items from a database, through a DB connection. I created an Inputfiled module because this is a field for a template. This data is an item of OpenCart. When I select item, this will return me the properties of the item for show it in template.

I hope I explained correctly.

Thanks!!

Mike, what you are trying to do sounds feasible and interesting. How far along with this are you and do you have any specific questions thus far? I'm not familiar with OpenCart, so would probably need to see your Inputfield code for context with any questions too.

Ryan, I´m working on it, and I think I have little to end. I´m using a copy of InputFieldCheckbox to resolve this. Thank you for you attention. If I have any question I will come here ;)

Hello again!! I found the following problem: I need introduce the datas that come by $_POST variable in field, but in our class, $_POST is empty. How store InputField data in database? Don´t know if I explained well...

Thanks!

Not sure that I understand exactly, but if $_POST is empty, then ProcessWire also won't be able to get at any of the posted data. So I would look to find why $_POST is empty (from a redirect or incorrect <form method> attribute?) before getting into the ProcessWire specific stuff.