ProcessWire's front-end framework

pwFoo

Hi,

I read the blog articles and many planned improvements and new features. At the moment I do some tests with devns branch and maybe switch over to it.

ProcessWire's front-end framework (for the admin)

We will likely revisit the front-end framework side of ProcessWire (used by the admin), potentially adopting an existing framework like Uikit, or simplify, improve and expand our existing one. We will continue to use jQuery UI as well, but perhaps with a more on-demand approach where the framework isn't loaded unless required by a module (not unlike FormBuilder).

I like the PW backend. It shouldn't be more complex or slower. Simplify it and maybe reduce dependencies (jQueryUI?) to make it faster.

If modules like inputfields (frontend file uploads), login (swap out backend admin messages), .... will be modified it would be great to keep frontend usage in mind. I know that isn't the PW intention, but it would be great to reuse login module, form api...

Other systems deliver "basic modules" like login, register while developers have to write custom code or use 3rd party modules.

I like to write my own modules and learn more about PW, but more stable frontend useable modules (= existing core modules used in the backend) would make PW more attractive for new users and could increase the community.

• Like 6