Inserting scaled images only inserts large image with img proportion

jose

First let me say that I am very impressed with the framework and the community.  It its truly a very simple product to use.

I have decided to use PW for a client site. I have encountered an issue and it might be due to my own ignorance with the platform.  I have a textarea with TinyMCE and several images uploaded into an images field.  When I want to insert an image I select the image button from TinyMCE and I get an image list of the images I have uploaded for that page.  I select the image I want and then scale it to the size I need.  I then click the insert image button.  For some reason the src of the img is the original image not the scaled image.  The img tag also has the dimensions that I set the scaled image.  I checked to see if in the assets folder the image that had been scaled existed, and it does.  I am not sure if I am doing something incorrect or if I have found a bug.

I am using a git checkout of the code.  If you could please point me in the right direction I would be happy to try and fix the bug and send a pull request to the project.

Thank you for your time and a great cms framework.

I have tested this in Chrome (10) and IE(8) both are having this issue.  I can give you access to the admin if need be.  The scaled images are being created but for some reason the src url is the original large image.  Let me know if you want access and I'll email you the credentials.

OK, Thank you for responding so quickly.  Again I would like to be part of this project.  It is a very nice solution to the other bloated CMS' out there.  I will fork the project and hope to contribute as much as I can to this project.  Thank you again.

I have just committed an update to fix this issue with the image editor, and you should see it on GitHub. Thanks for finding this and reporting it. It appears that I broke this a week or two ago when making some other upgrades to the image editor. I'm very glad to hear you'd like to be part of the project and welcome your contributions.

Btw, since you've tried this in IE, you may have noticed there is an issue with the image editor in IE8 (modal overlay problem, that I've yet to figure out how to fix). I've not yet tried it in IE9.

Thank your for the quick update.

I can confirm that the initial insert of a scaled images works, but when you click on the image and click on the image button to try and modify the size it sets the src url again to the original instead of the scaled image src url.  We are getting close.  (Tested in Chrome and IE 8.) 

Well if it was a cache issue, it affected mine too because I duplicated the issue here as well. I resorted to running all image insertions through the resize and letting PHP decide whether to perform the resize (Javascript is not my first language). :) I pushed another commit to account for this. 

Just pulled and tested the changes.  Everything is working as it should.  Ryan, thanks for getting to this so quickly.  Will take a look at the IE modal problem and see if I can't come up with a solution.  Thanks again.