Server settings (MySQL/Apache)

diegonella

I am developing a site of some 200 pages and I notice very slow, I wonder if there are any recommended especially for mysql configuration, guess who comes out there, because they are pages that have many fields.

The server is Intel Core Duo, 2GHz, 4GB RAM, and I've tested both on Windows and Linux, since it has dualboot.

Any recommendation?

Thanks

What part of your website is slow? You'd need to specify more details about the problem and your structure/templates/fields involved.

2000 pages is not that much, I'm running a site with > 1 million pages and everything runs smooth and fast. Most likely, you'd need to optimize on the programming part.

Hi @wanze,

Slow in the admin to add a new field to a template, to move from one sector to anotherbetween templates, fields and other internal sections because I'm still in development and creating fields, assigning them to the templates.

I am on a local development server, with processwire 2.6.1

So I ask if any special configuration recommended for php, mysql or apache.

Thanks

I'm not that experienced in optimizing PHP/Apache/MySQL. You could try to use APC or xCache for PHP. But I think, based on your description, the problem is your amount of fields. Loading that much templates/fields can slow down the admin part. Why do you need so many fields and how much fields you have? You can share fields between templates. Also take a look at the ProFields modules, especially Textareas could be interesting to reduce the amount of fields.

Also some people noticed that local installations seem to run slower than server enviroments even with the better hardware/connection. An OS only running a webserver can probably be more optimised than anything local.