Select field with configurable options through PW.

zgjonbalaj

Hello,

I am wondering if i could get some feedback to see how to approach this simple problem and what the best practice is through PW. I currently have a site that has "Portfolio Companies" as pages, each portfolio company has 3 attributes "Status" , "Sector" & "Transaction". I'd like to have in the backend the ability for the user to select multiple options for each attribute. For example "Company A" belongs in 2 sectors and its status is "One" and has no transaction attribute.

My approach to this would normally have been create a page under the root called "Filters" that is hidden and create 3 subpages named after each of the filters and for each of those subpages create the necessary options as subpages. Then i would create a multiple page select field for each filter that is bound to those subpages. 

This works and is fine however I am wondering if there is a better way and if this is the right way to do it after all. In the front end i would output this as a dropdown.  I downloaded a select field dropdown module but does not allow multiple options to be selected.

Any ideas, suggestion greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

If you're using the current stable version then pages are the best way to take. If you're on the dev version you could also use the new fieldset options. It's a lighter alternative to creating pages just for providing options, but more flexible as the select dropdown module.

• Like 1

If you're using the current stable version then pages are the best way to take. If you're on the dev version you could also use the new fieldset options. It's a lighter alternative to creating pages just for providing options, but more flexible as the select dropdown module.

Thanks for your reply, just got it all set-up. You wouldn't happen to know how i can pull all the options available in each select options field directly?