What percentage of Processwire users are MODX refugees?

PhotoWebMax

I find it interesting how often I see MODX mentioned here on the Processwire forum.

Does anyone have any idea of how many MODXers there are here at Processwire now? 

I think I did about 15 or so MODX sites and was really into it for a number of years. What jaded me was the confusion over the MODX project overall. It sort became confusing to handle the EVO & REVO and on again - off again cloud thing. It also seems like the under development MODX 3 branch is hurting the much needed update path energy for REVO. Not to mention all the core staff changes. Anyway you slice it losing Shaun McCormick was a watershed moment for MODX. Much of what he developed seems to be withering on the vine. 

In a way I am sort of sad with the growing pains MODX is experiencing lately. There were/are so many great people involved with the project. Like Processwire MODX has a great community.

Very glad to be here though...

yep, year or so ago it looked like Evo was dead and the "future" was Revo, which I could not stomach personally, Revo just never seemed ti hit me the was evolution did. I think a lot of users came to PW around that time as ongoing Evo support and security fixes were in serious doubt, leaving the platform as useless for commercial dev.

Sad about missing Evo too, but so glad to be here at PW. :-)

Did a couple of MODx Evo sites back in the day, and i liked it. Then Revolution came around and i was excited, tried it and was heavily disappointed. Revo was (and probably is) a very capable system but, at least at the time of my experiments, it was also very slow, from the sluggish ExtJS based UI to reduced front-end page rendering performance compared to Evo. It had a security/access system that was powerful but also very complex and complete overkill for my uses-cases. So i went looking for a substitute to Evo and eventually stumbled across PW and i've never looked back.

• Like 2