About action buttons in page tree

Hi guys,

I was wondering if the action buttons for each page in page tree could be :

• All always visible (always immediately see Hide, Unpublish, Trash... when hovering over page link)
  • Hidden selectively even if the action is possible (like always hide the Lock button)

About the Add new button, I noticed something that is a bit weird :

Let say I have a P template that may have children based on template C1 and C2. C1 and C2 can only have P as parent. So these conditions are enough to get a link with the "Add new" button, and it works perfectly.
Now, let’s imagine I have two roles defined : chief-editor and contributor. Chief-editor can create pages based on C1 and C2 and can see both "Add new" links.
Contributor may only create pages based on C2. They should only see "Add new C2" link. But they actually can see both links, and when they try to create a C1 page, they get an error saying "
ProcessWire: ProcessPageAdd: Template page-post is not allowed here (/p-page-url/)". Which is absolutely right, as they are not allowed to create C1 pages. But it’s confusing for the user.

Did I misconfigure something here? Or is it something that should be fixed?

Sans titre.png

• Like 1

Please have a look at RockAdminTweaks:

Both things you mention have a tweak to solve it. You could also open an issue in the PW issues repository!

• Thanks 1