Weekly update – 1 March 2024

There are a few commits on the dev branch this week, but nothing particularly notable. I had to do some client work this week but also ventured back into the Invoice site profile, which I mentioned quite awhile ago, but hadn't yet released. I'm hoping to finish that up and release it as another site profile option for ProcessWire very soon. Perhaps as soon as next week. 

I had originally planned on building out that Invoice site profile quite a bit more, but having used it for my own invoices for many months (maybe a year?), I think it's better to keep it simple. Otherwise I'd be making assumptions about what others might need. Even in its relatively simple state, it suits my own needs well. And I think if it gets more complex, then people are less likely to explore and modify it, making it less useful as a site profile. 

The site profile is also simple enough right now that it doesn't need to be a Pro module or need Pro-module support. Since we don't have a lot of site profiles to choose from, I'd rather keep it free. It is admittedly more of a mini application than a website, which is why I think it might bring some more diversity to the available site profiles. Chances are it won't replace whatever invoice service you might be using, but I think it's still pretty useful, whether using it to create invoices, or just using it to explore more of ProcessWire. More next week. Have a great weekend! 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1