Elevate to AlmaLinux 8

Hey Everyone,

Been a while since I posted here, although I follow lots of discussions...

On WHM, on my dedicated server, I'm getting a notice that CentOS 7 will be discontinued soon, and to upgrade to AlmaLinux 8. My service provider is offering to do this over the next couple of weeks.

It involves a major upgrade. I'm wondering if anyone here has conducted this, and if it all goes OK with ProcessWire?

Thanks everyone!

Matthew

Hello,

reading official site I see "AlmaLinux OS is an open-source, community-driven Linux operating system that fills the gap left by the discontinuation of the CentOS Linux stable release.", so if your are fine with CentOs you shouldn't have any problem.

Linux distribution choice is not related with ProcessWire, as soon as you have a web server, a database and Php you can run PW.

Greetings,

Yes, I usually don't worry about these things, but I also don't know enough about this new system. My hosting company sent me a long email with lots of things for me to confirm before upgrading, so I thought I'd better check.

I'd be fine staying with CentOS, but it looks like it's not going to be supported after June 2024.

Thanks,
Matthew