Exsisting Backup from database and website

borg

Hello we have a website running on proceswire online  and i want to use the same website offline to test some things, i have downloaded the backup from de cpannel from the website and the database,

now when i install processwire threw xamp it ses put the files in the site name''/processwire-dev/site-name/'' folder and change the name, from site- to the name i chose,

now when i do that proceswire does not give me the option to chose that folder? it  ses instalation folder and blank thats all,

can some one please explain it as easy as possible?

Thanks in advance,

I do the following. Copy all files of the live site via FTP to my local dev environment (e.g, /htdocs/pw-test). Create a backup of the MySQL/MariaDB via phpMyAdmin (online). Open my local dev instance of phpMyAdmin (XAMPP) and import the database. You may need to change the DB settings in your local /site/config.php file in case the DB credentials differ between live and local DB connection.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If you are into Docker, you can use my template to create your own local installation (although intended for development). It maps the site directory outside of the container for development. But you should easily be able to just upload your zip to the container and extract it over whatever is there already.

For the DB, you can put the dump into the data folder and name it 'database.sql' and then run the 'dbrestore' script (for this, the composition must be running).

poljpocket/processwire-docker: Docker installation of ProcessWire for local development (github.com)

• Like 2