Populating PW Panels with modules

JayGee

Hi all,

I'm looking for some examples/guidance/tutorials on how to populate a PW panel from a module.

I know you can open a UIKit panel with a .pw-panel css class and that you can populate it with a custom admin page. But I'm wondering the best approach to populating with dynamic module-specific content, e.g. a form?

TIA
J

Sorry to be clearer on my question - what I'm wondering is whether there's a core method for injecting dynamic content to PW panels and modals in the dashboard rather than writing new logic. I know you can load a page into the panels, however that then seems to reload the whole dashboard interface including nav etc inside the frame.

I’ve never worked with panels (just yet) but from what I’m seeing if you have a view ready in your Process module, say “__executeSomething()”, isn’t it just a matter of having a link pointing to that view?

<a href="/something/" class="pw-panel">Open in panel</a>
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, monollonom said:

I’ve never worked with panels (just yet) but from what I’m seeing if you have a view ready in your Process module, say “__executeSomething()”, isn’t it just a matter of having a link pointing to that view?

<a href="/something/" class="pw-panel">Open in panel</a>

Yes this is what I was doing... but turns out I had a typo and it was loading my 404 page in the panel I think. This is why I was getting the nav bar showing ?. The panels now work exactly as expected (and as you describe) to load my module functionality! ?

• Like 2