Recent issues with ProcessWire sites hosted on a Dreamhost VPS

FireWire

Hello all,

Sharing some issues that I've had with Dreamhost that I've seen over the last week for ProcessWire sites. This doesn't seem to be caused by ProcessWire itself or it's code. Wanted to let others know in case anyone has sites currently hosted with them.

I have several sites on a VPS through Dreamhost (both PW and non-PW). I've been overall happy and have had very few problems over the ~10 years I've used them. Their support team has been great and they are currently working on the issues.

Recently it appears that some server config changes made by their admins broke image uploads within ProcessWire. Uploads fail with the UI continually showing the upload spin animation over the image. I initially contacted support regarding one of my client's sites after they told me they were having issues. I then tested this on a different ProcessWire site hosted on the same VPS to check that this wasn't a code issue specific to that one site and it appears that this may affect multiple ProcessWire sites (maybe just on my VPS, not sure yet). The server would return HTTP 418 (cute) and the upload would fail. All other functionality appears to be unaffected.

After testing the second site I thought to throw it out here on the forums to see if anyone else hosts PW sites on Dreamhost and have been experiencing this, or give a heads up to people who may want to check on their sites.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, BrendonKoz said:

Great share. I thought I searched hard enough... but apparently not. Looks like some really bad decisions all over again. They removed all of the ModSecurity issues but now the admin just hangs and never gets a response from the server. I was able to upload an image, but the client re-contacted me and said there's another issue with images again so I'm back to looking into it again.