Consistent field "is not applicable to this page" errors while editing pages.

FireWire

We are seeing consistent errors for a few fields. They pop up as browser alerts when editing pages and I'm not sure what's causing it. This error is thrown from a PW core file so not sure where to start with this.

Seeing errors such as:
"Field '_pw_page_name' is not applicable to this page"
"Field 'status' is not applicable to this page"
"Field 'wrap_delete_page' is not applicable to this page"

This is happening for all users regardless of permissions and when editing any page.

• ProcessWire 3.0.2
  • PHP 8.0.16

From the looks of it I'm only seeing this happen with core fields, not fields I've created.

Screenshot from 2022-07-30 06-28-28.png

Screenshot from 2022-07-30 06-28-49.png

Screenshot from 2022-07-30 06-28-58.png

This is not particularly helpful, I'm afraid, but if this is a constant / easily reproducible thing, I would start debugging this by checking what page these errors apply to — i.e. what's the "this page" in that particular case? Is it current page being edited, or perhaps a Repeater page?

(Might have to edito ProcessPageEdit.module to add Page ID to that error. Or install Tracy.)

There was only one issue mentioning this specific error (https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/736), but that seems to apply to a rather specific situation with front-end editing and Repeaters. Not sure if it has anything to do with your issue.

Of course it would also be helpful to rule out any third party modules that might be causing this. And/or try to reproduce this on a blank installation ?

6 hours ago, FireWire said:
  • ProcessWire 3.0.2
  • PHP 8.0.16

If that's the real PW version, I would recommend updating. I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least some quirks in this version, not to mention that it might not be 100% compatible with PHP 8.

The logs show that this error has been happening for this version and the last version. I checked that the version of PW was compatible before upgrading the PHP version to 8 on the server.

I inspected the network requests and it looks like this is a ProDrafts issue. It's attempting to save a field's changes.  I was able to trigger this by creating a new page where it immediately detects a change to that field and shows the alert error.

I attempted to fix this issue by adding a RegEx in the module's config but no dice. Using ProDrafts version 0.8.0

Tough to figure out what could be causing the conflict since it looks like like it's isolated to ProDrafts, but also tough to figure out since it doesn't seem to be happening more widely to other ProcessWire devs.

Screenshot from 2022-08-01 09-15-51.png

Screenshot from 2022-08-01 09-18-23.png