Possible bug in caching?

Adam Kiss

Upon loading cacheable page, PW with debug ON returns this errors:

Warning: file_put_contents() [function.file-put-contents]: Unable to access
/home/clients/server.sk/server.sk/site/assets/cache/Page/5857/5857.cache in
/home/clients/server.sk/server.sk/wire/core/CacheFile.php on line 175

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/clients/server.sk/server.sk/site/assets/cache/Page/5857/5857.cache) [function.file-put-contents]:
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/clients/server.sk/server.sk/wire/core/CacheFile.php on line 175

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Unable to access
/home/clients/server.sk/server.sk/site/assets/cache/Page/5857/5857.cache in
/home/clients/server.sk/server.sk/wire/core/CacheFile.php on line 176

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Unable to access /home/clients/server.sk/server.sk/site/assets/cache/Page/5857/5857.cache in

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]:
stat failed for /home/clients/server.sk/server.sk/site/assets/cache/Page/5857/5857.cache in

note: domain name changed

access mod in all these directories up to Page is 777, so there shouldn't be error. After refreshing the page, the cache dir for page (5857) and its cachefile DO get created, so I suspect it has something to do with creating of the Page/ID directory. I don't know whole life of this cache object in memory, so I cannot look further into it, any ideas how to move this a bit are welcomed.

Adam, can you try clearing your cache: Admin > Modules > Page Render > Clear Cache

To me it looks like a permissions issue. So if you get errors when clearing the cache, or if it doesn't work, you might want to try and remove all the dirs below cache/Page/ manually. i.e.

rm -rf /site/assets/cache/Page/*

I think Almonk also wrote some shell scripts that do this.

Let me know if the error persists after clearing the cache.

The problem is that this is clean install – there is no cache done. But yeah, I will try clearing the cache and see what it does. I will also post my template here just to be sure:

Edit: Clearing the cache solved my problems, so I deleted my template. Thanks. What's the issue here? :)

I don't see your template here, but it came through in the email I got. I've never used output buffering in my own templates so don't know if there is some unusual side effect resulting from that. PW is already output buffering everything in your template, and you are output buffering on top of that. Should that matter? I have no idea. But so far that's the only thing unusual I can spot about your template. Does the problem occur only on pages using that template, or on others too?