Bootwire Admin - Proof of Concept Admin Theme

Joss

THis is now out of date and WILL NOT WORK with recent versions of ProcessWire

This is a Bootstrap based admin theme

This is a very early release and may not be up to production standards - use at your own risk, or just play around with it.

UPDATE

New version has lots of improvements (see screenshots) and has been updated to Bootstrap 2.3

And roll back to 2.2.2 - at least the JS. It runs into problems with the version of JQuery, I think.

Important - this is developed for the DEV branch of ProcessWire and is not fully compatible with the current stable release.

The Bootwire Admin theme uses the most current version of Twitter Bootstrap and should be easy to update as new versions come out. Any changes to Bootstrap are done with overrides and the bootstrap.min.css and bootstrap-responsive.min.css are left untouched.

Features

The theme has been kept sympathetic to the original PW admin colours and layout.

The top menu features drop downs rather than linking to an intermediate page (thanks to Soma and his lovely Teflon theme for the menu).

I have tried to make the theme as responsive as possible, but I was foiled on some pages by some Tables and TinyMCE - if you want a responsive edit page, make sure your TinyMCE tool buttons are over a couple of rows rather than one long one.

Page list actions have been replaced with Icons so that they take up less space (useful for small viewports)

Compatibility

This was designed using the PW Development branch and using the Chrome browser.

It has been tested on other browsers, but not extensively, so any problems, please yell!

Overrides

Overrides to Bootstrap are in the bootstrap-overrides.css file. 

Main,js has several overrides to turn elements Bootstrap compatible. There is also a commented out section which changes the page list icons to a dropdown button - however, this is not working in this version.

Installation

Unzip the archive and place the template-admin directory in your "/site" directory.

Note: since this is not a full release, it is not available through Soma's Module Manager.

Thanks 

Soma, for allowing me to steal bits from Teflon and helping with the menu markup

Diogo for Teaching me a bit of JQuery and helping with the page list action button (still to be implemented)

Ryan for making it possible to create an admin theme in a couple of days (including working on other stuff)

Files

Now on GitHub: https://github.com/jsanglier/Bootwire-Admin/

Download

Hope you enjoy it - leave nice comments below!

Joss

Screenshots

bootwire-adminv5-1a.png

bootwire-adminv5-2.png

bootwire-adminv5-3.png

bootwire-adminv5-4.png

bootwire-admin-v0.4.1.zip

• Like 8

I have tried it. :lol:

There are a couple of uses of short <?=....?> php tags that break the menu if php is configured without short open tabs (which my WAMP setup was), but I don't know whether to blame PW or your theme or my applying your theme to an earlier PW version (as expressly forbidden above :-[ ).

I'm a big fan of Bootstrap anyway but this is a wonderful theme.

ER .... I didn't add them. Can you let me know where they are so I can lose them?

I try and avoid those where I can.

Edit: I have found two - inherited, so I missed them.

I will check for others then re-upload.

Edit 2:

I think it was just the two - I have re-uploaded it.

Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

New version uploaded!

Solved some of the major headaches and changed the look and feel a little.

PLUS - Updated to Bootstrap 2.3

https://github.com/jsanglier/Bootwire-Admin

EDIT

Had to roll back the JS of Bootstrap as there seemed to be something odd going on with (possibly) the JQuery installed in PW. It might need 1.9+

Of course, the only affect was the Modal Save and Cancel buttons that have plagued me previously - typical!

• Like 1