some pages show white screen in frontend and some even in backend

Can

Hey guys, 

my last activity here feels really long ago ^^

I wanted to share our page with you guys because it's already available in english too :)

For those interested in where I currently am can check out our blog (just merged couple of weeks ago from tumblr to our processwire page ;-))http://happygaia.com...betrawter/blog/

But anyway, right now I'm pretty busy trying to fix the issue(s)..

So as the title states, some pages are only showing a white screen in the front-end and I think most of them even in backend, means I'm not able to edit those pages.

Only when opening the webinspector I'm seeing a status 500.

Since everything is fine on the offline development version on our laptop it must be somehow connected to the server or maybe uploading.

Ah, the pages I'm talking about are all template 'media.php' this template shows only 1 image or video with some information. Like this one http://happygaia.com/globetrawter/blog/america/images/raw-vegan-spaghetti/ in this case only image files.

So for the story, I uploaded the article 'America' and as children of /america/images/ 63 images some of them are corrupted and some are working fine.

I included all of them in the CKE bodyfield of the america article in different size variations, and in the article all images show up

I thought about corrupted image files producing the white screens, but at least all image files of one of the pages i checked were alright.

Until this article I dumped the whole db of the dev site and imported it via adminer to the live site. While importing everything looked okay, so adminer didn't show any errors.

I already moved all pages to a different parent (I know not the most logical step but needed anyway), wanted to duplicate them but were to lazy to relink all images in bodyfield for now.

Thought about foreaching all images, not cloning but copying everything needed to a new parent, let's say /america/images2/ and then save the old id in an empty field of the newly created pages so I could then iterate all images in bodyfield and replace old id with new one.

But wasn't able to copy the image variations so I now decided to ask first before trying anything else.

Cause we're in south america now the internet connection is not comparable to the states or germany and at the moment we don't have access all day long.

I hope someone has maybe some ideas on what I could do. Don't know if the informations are sufficient?

Greets

Can

I’ve recently had these symptoms after migrating to a different host. Turned out to be a memory shortage when resizing images. You said you checked all the image files. Did you see if there were any corrupted size variations by any chance? Does the problem also affect pages that already have all the necessary variations (or have no images at all)?

Have you checked the site’s logs?

Thanks for your fast reply Jan :D

So I checked all file variations (and the original file too) of two pages now and everything seems to be fine with them. Copied the url in Transmit and viewed all images in browser, all good.

And those two pages are showing white screen for backend (page edit) and frontend.

I've forgot to mention that I uploaded all images and image variations via FTP and the article came with the db import.

Checked the error logs, but nothing. I find it little weird that Processwire is not showing any information on this.

• 2 weeks later...

I now remembered to turn on debug mode^^ but nothin, still the same behaviour..

No other idea? It's only one image file per page stored in a croppableimage field with 2 crop sizes and adminthumb size, so 4 variations in total.

The webspace should be able to handle this, as it's already doing way more images on some pages..

Maybe it's the croppableimage beta?

I would really love to fix this :-) And I don't have other ideas right now :/

The provider is all-inkl.com, maybe someone got experience?

Couldn't find any error logs from the host

tried to activate them via

php_flag log_errors on
php_value error_log "/www/htdocs/*USER*/errorlogs/php_errors.log"

in htaccess

but no result, created the folder (777) and the file (664) without any entries after opening the 500 pages..

• 3 weeks later...

Got some news:

First I stumbled over "cache" db table, made a backup and just emptied the hole table. After this many things stopped working but the white pages got a little more interesting and I got a message that FieldtypeCroppableImage is missing.

So uploaded my backup and changed all croppable image fields to be the older CropImage to then disable the module FieldtypeCroppableImage.

After this the former white screen showing page got the following error message:

Module InputfieldCroppableImage requires: FieldtypeCroppableImage>=0.8.3

As I mentioned, I disabled the module, better to say the main module which then disables all other depending modules.

Now I got internet in the room, but it's 3G from my smartphone with limited bandwidth so I'm just writing this to ask if anybody has a pointer for me? :)

Because changing everything can be a little bandwidth consuming, and if there is another way I would life the follow the "3rd world internet friendly" path :lol:

By the way, it's a shared webspace so I don't have access to other error logs. I'll sent a mail to to the All-Inkl support to. Let's see what they say..

Edited by Can

• 9 months later...

Hi, I've got the same problem with our German uberspace hoster. No Idea what's happening there. It also happens only when I try to login into admin. White page, and the rest of the site spits out white pages too. After some time, pages are accessible again. Admin still white, can't login ...

debug true, doesnt help. I ordered an error log from the hoster, let's see what that brings. 2.7.2 btw.

Webdev ... *sigh*