Issue with Logging in to Admin Page and with Page TreeView also

Bill C

Hi,

Looks like my Processwire honeymoon is over. I am having trouble logging in to the Admin page. I'm getting a very unhelpful 'Unknown error, please try again later' message. I looked in each of the log files under site\assets\logs and I'm not seeing anything helpful. Looks like the error is coming from a ProcessPageList module - Here's the line of code with the error message being passed to the module

'ajaxUnknownError' => $this->_('Unknown error, please try again later'), // Unknown error during AJAX request.

I am not getting booted out completely from the site, but if I click on 'Admin' it throws the error again. So the problem does seem to tie into the 'ProcessPageList' module, reason being, I have no tree list of pages under Admin. :) lol

This problem isn't affecting my worklife, so no pressure. I know I could just do a reinstall and call it a day, but I'd LOVE to know what the cause is here. I just thought I'd try you guys and girls first before I start banging my head against the wall with Netbeans and firebug, etc.

I can not think of anything I could have been doing that would have ruined the PW party for me.

The next time I logged out and tried to log back in, no dice. I get the above mentioned error. If anyone happens to be familiar with these symptoms or can suggest something I should check, that would be appreciated. I tried a little Googling but was not able to come up with anything substantial. Usually my Googling skills serve me well but we all have off days. Maybe I'm just missing something.

At the least though, I think that this should be noted somewhere. The fact that nothing is getting out to any of the log files mentioned is a little cause for concern?  But on the other hand, the error message itself starting with 'Unknown error' though kinda leads me to think that whatever is tripping things up is not something that can not be identified ??? or not easily? Better to label it 'Unknown' than to mislead?  Just guessing..  I know stuff happens and today was just my turn.

Final recap. I am using PW on my desktop. ( no laughing ) I am on Windows 10. I am using WAMP. I have not installed anything new today. Everything's been fine the last few days. Was smooth sailing in the morning. I have cleared cache. I rebooted. Windows threw me an update on the first reboot, but the problem occurred before the first reboot. Don't see anything in the Apache error log. Attached a snippet from the Apache access log. Don't know if the messages are significant or not. I see same from yesterday when there was no problem.

And again, no one needs to go out of their way on this. I was just wondering if anyone else had hit it before. Thank you for reading all this.

apacheAccessLog.txt

Hey.... I figured it out. It was an echo statement messing up the buffer,  in turn causing the Ajax call in ProcessPageList.js to fail.

Just shoot me.

Apologies to anyone who spent time looking at the post.

And I just advanced to junior member too :D lol

Have a good one..

• Like 5

• 2 months later...