Possibility to pre select a Page field

doolak

In some cases it would be nice if one could have the option to pre select a page when adding a Page field - especially when you are using the Page field to generate a "normal" form input, where values can be chosen - not really "content pages".

Here e.g. i have used a Page field for a set of radiobuttons to choose image alignments:

post-107-0-86145900-1357072981_thumb.png

In the field "Bildausrichtung" (German for "Image align") you can choose between "centered", "left" and "right".

In this case i wanted to have the option "centered" preselected - and in my opionion this would be a nice addition to the page field - which maybe even will not be that difficult to implement?

For the moment i have solved this with a module which uses jQuery to preselect the field - but if you just could choose this when adding the page field would be great!

post-107-0-86145900-1357072981_thumb.png

Your best bet is to make your default value the unselected state. All it usually takes is adding a little text description to your field to say "Leave blank for [default]". This is something that will scale and can be plugged into existing sites without having to go back and change existing pages to have the right value. More information in this thread: