Sylvan Type Works

Marty Walker

Hi,

http://www.sylvantypeworks.com.au/

This would have to be the smallest site I've done in PW. It's for a local artisan print shop that's branching out into recreating complete (or incomplete) wooden type sets. The end products are suitable for use on a letterpress.

My client (who prefers the hands-on approach to type) made a point of telling me how easy he found ProcessWire to use.

Regards

Marty

• Like 3

Looking good smd.

One thing I recognized on the frontpage...

The images in the flex slider has png's, one almost 500kb big, and it loads slow. 6 Images x ~500kb ~= 3mb !!! I would recommend using jpg.

SO the body background-image doesn't fully load before all the images are loaded and is just white. I would recommend setting a bg color at least so it falls back to that before loading the bg.jpg..

Hi,

http://www.sylvantypeworks.com.au/

This would have to be the smallest site I've done in PW. It's for a local artisan print shop that's branching out into recreating complete (or incomplete) wooden type sets. The end products are suitable for use on a letterpress.

My client (who prefers the hands-on approach to type) made a point of telling me how easy he found ProcessWire to use.

Regards

Marty

@Marty -

your 'news' page - are you using the repeatable area module that i think has been discussed on this forum for a bit? as it seems as it's a 'loop' of sorts... or do you have just a few (up to N 'news' entries) textareas back in the admin area of PW?

Thanks in advance.

Well done site... you kept it clean.

+1 Soma's comments on images tho.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

@diogo Thanks, that section you're interested in is being worked on :) The logo is a scan of some wood type.

@soma I've crunched the images down a lot more and taken your suggestion regarding the background colour.

@bill I'm not using the repeater module in News and I probably wouldn't for a news-style section anyway. It's just entries. When we get to fleshing out the Collections area then repeaters might come in handy.

Regards

Marty

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad I stumbled upon the showcase forum :) I too am looking forward to seeing some of the type collection. It is nice to see simple, well designed sites that can include both portfolio and blog type elements without feeling restricted.

@alex Thanks!

@zach The type collection is coming along. I don't know how big it'll be although there's an interesting development that'll go up on the site this week.

@charliez Impediment is another business that has a large type collection. STW are going to show off what they have.

Regards

Marty