Textarea strange behaviour

Marco Angeli

Hi processwire people,

fresh install, created a Textarea custom field;

inputfield type: CKEditor

content type: markup/html

When I edit my page if I select some text and make it bold or italic, text formatting is not saved.

Never happened before...

Sounds like the field has a text formatter applied or the CKEditor configuration does not allow html tags. Check the "Details" and "Input" tabs of the field.

• Like 1

...yeah, I think it was a text formatter, but even with an option reset, the issue still remains. I finally deleted the custom field and re-created another one. Maybe a temporary glitch, who knows?

thanks tpr!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Shohan Arafat
      I was looking for code sample where I can attach a textarea for setting up a content in my page. And I wanted to do it programatically. But I can't find a way to do that. Is it possible to add a content textarea with program?
    • By prestoav
      Hi all and thanks for the great work on PW!

One thing I find I have to do on any new site is add the Justify plugin to textarea fields as it is such a widely required feature for text headings in content.

ANy chance this could be added to the core an automatically be installed on new textarea fields using CKEditor?

Thank you!
    • By louisstephens
      So, I am not even sure if this is possible, but I thought I would ask anyway. I was building a "system" that would make some modals (izimodal) using a few fields. A user would select the color combo they want, enter a title, fill out the body, and then I was going to pass this (in the template) to fill in the modal. I have this all working pretty flawlessly.
      <div id="example-modal" class="model" data-izimodal-autoopen data-izimodal-transitionin="fadeInDown" data-izimodal-iframeURL="<?php echo $page->example->url; ?>"></div> <script type="text/javascript"> $("#ca-entrance-modal").iziModal({ title: 'Custom Title Here', subtitle: '', headerColor: 'Custom Color Here', history: false, iframe : true, fullscreen: false, loop: false, width: 350, iframeHeight: 350, top: null, bottom: null, borderBottom: false, closeButton: true, }); </script> However, I have hit a road block. The modals are using iframes to pull in the corresponding modal page, but the javascript options are not being iframed (so the modal will actually launch etc). My thought was the user can just copy the page link to the modal, and insert it into the iframe and simply adding the js code, the modal would work (which it does).
      I guess here is my actually problem. Since the user is selecting several options to "customize" the modal, the javascript is custom and differs between each modal. Is there a way to "disable" a textarea, and output the "custom" javascript inside the textarea so they can copy it for inclusion on their actual pages?

Or, is this something that I should just output in the frontend view for users.
    • By kalimati
      I am using sanitizer->textarea to sanitize and format the message inputted. I've tried various options including newlineReplacement but have been unable to convert newlines to <br> tags. Although the PHP nl2br function works as expected. Any suggestions?
      Thanks.
    • By Barry
      I'm trying to write a value to a textarea via de API. I'm making use of the Multivalue Textformatter module which works great for when the field has multiple rows added via admin.
      But now I'm trying to add multiple lines to the textarea via the API and I cannot for the life of me figure, or find out how to do this.
      I'm adding
      "&#13;&#10;" to the end of of each new line. When I apply this value to a textarea in the template, this works fine, but when I
      $line = "this is a line"; $p->textarea = $line."&#13;&#10;" I just get "this is a line &#13;&#10;". This is the case with the "/n" and "<br>" as well.
      Turning on tinyMC doesn't help either as the output in the template is still the same. Turning on the HTML Encoder doesn't help either.