Module: Activity Log

renobird

• 9 months later...

Hi @renobird

I keep getting these since I've been using the module:

2× PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in .../modules/MarkupActivityLog/MarkupActivityLog.module:405
2× PHP Notice: Undefined variable: fieldID in .../modules/MarkupActivityLog/MarkupActivityLog.module:370

And because I use Tracy, they kept popping up in the debug bar but today I though it is just enough of them and applied these: 

if (!isset($fieldID) || $fieldID == null) continue; 

https://github.com/Renobird/MarkupActivityLog/blob/9d37de692b74185e6391828806c84b730ab07630/MarkupActivityLog.module#L370

also:

$string = is_object($field) ? $field->className : $field;

switch($string) {

https://github.com/Renobird/MarkupActivityLog/blob/9d37de692b74185e6391828806c84b730ab07630/MarkupActivityLog.module#L404

I don't know if this is enough but the module seems to work as before but without the notices.

Edited by szabesz
!isset($fieldID) ||
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Apologies for the radio silence. This module has evolved quite a bit to suit some very specific needs at my day job. So I now have a private version that is much more robust, but far too customized to release. I'll get my head around where things are with the current public version and take a look as these pull requests as soon as I can.

@jmartsch Other than tracking the changes from the beginning, I don't think there is any way to determine the first time the field was changed. I could be misunderstanding what you need though.

• Like 1

I am tracking the changes from the beginning with your module, and want to query the markupactivitylog table for the first entry a specific field named "status" (not processwires status) was changed at first.

• 4 months later...
On 5/2/2018 at 4:45 PM, renobird said:

So I now have a private version that is much more robust, but far too customized to release. I'll get my head around where things are with the current public version and take a look as these pull requests as soon as I can.

Hello @renobird, Any news on this?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So I now have a private version that is much more robust, but far too customized to release.

It would be great to be able to install the new version. Also, the old one keeps generating log entries ("Trying to get property of non-object..."). Maybe we could help somehow? Thanks in advance.

On 9/3/2018 at 11:20 AM, Torsten Baldes said:

@renobird

Is there a way to purge the activity log?

I tried removing and readding templates, but the older log entries were still there.

Thanks!

I do it this way:

$t = $this->database->query("DELETE FROM MarkupActivityLog WHERE `page_id` = $page->id");

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

So I now have a private version that is much more robust, but far too customized to release. I'll get my head around where things are with the current public version and take a look as these pull requests as soon as I can.

Hello @renobird,

Any chance you can work on it? Can we help somehow? Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

Apologies for the radio silence. The version I have is far too customized at this point. I added a bunch of functionality that was specific to my needs at work. I should have been extending it instead, but I never got back to it. 

I’ve taken a new job recently, and I’m not working with ProcessWire on daily basis. Unfortunately, that means I don’t have any time to maintain the Activity Log module. If anyone wants to run with it, please feel free.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, renobird said:

I don’t have any time to maintain the Activity Log module.

Thanks for informing us! I do not have too much spare time either but I will take a closer look and see how much effort is needed to bring it at least up-to-date (the module also has issues with the UIkit admin theme).

In the meantime, if anyone else is planning to do something similar, then don't be afraid to share your thoughts and/or work ? 

Edited by szabesz
typo
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 9:45 PM, szabesz said:

I will take a closer look and see how much effort is needed to bring it at least up-to-date

I have started to familiarize myself with the codebase and later on I will take a closer look at all the issues mentioned here and at GitHub. I am not planning to update nor fork the module in any way though, I am thinking of refactoring it completely, and in the end release it under a new name.

The first version of this "new" module should be "compatible" with MarkupActivityLog, meaing it is going to rely on the very same database table in the very same manner. However, this first version should tackle the most important issues and it will be PW 3+ and PHP 7.1+ only. Also, being refactored, it is going to use more up-to-date PW features under the hood.

In short, I will be working on a successor module to MarkupActivityLog. Note: there is no time-frame for this project at the moment ?

• Like 2