PW Admin as Chrome App?

thomas

Hello,

has anyone here thought about building a PW backend as a Chrome App to support offline mode?

The editors using the backend of the pages I built often travel to remote places without any internet access so they asked me if it was possible to draft the articles offline and then simply upload them once they have access again. My first idea was to build a Chrome App that stores all data locally until it's explicitly told to upload everything and publish the articles. I've never built a Chrome App but from what I've figured it would mean packing an entire PW installation, modifying the database and file upload classes to use local storage and add an online status listener to provide the upload functionality.

Makes sense? Or is there another way to achieve this?

Thanks,

thomas

Building the Chrome App is one part, but building the logic for syncing back changes is certainly a whole lot of another topic. I don't want to discourage you, but my suggestion would be: Some Folders and textfiles, maybe you could a an importer for those files, to save the copy/pasting.